Tom Devlin, barrister and partner at Stephen Platt and Associates LLP, unpicks recent anti-money laundering scandals in the finance industry. He looks in detail at what went wrong, how word got out, and how the failings could have been prevented.
- Examine recent AML scandals in detail
- Learn what steps could have been taken to prevent them
- Deepen understanding of the money-laundering vulnerabilities of your business
Especially relevant to:
- Compliance officers in any sector
- Lawyers and other professional advisors
- Law enforcement
Sectors & regions:
- AML / CFT
- Legal & advisory
- Due diligence & compliance
Tom is a partner at Stephen Platt & Associates LLP. He has advised and acted for regulators, banks, investment funds, trust companies, and professional bodies. His areas of expertise include financial crime prevention, sanctions compliance, corporate governance, and financial services and professional regulation. Between 2012 and 2014, Tom led a team of 30 in the conduct of a complex, multi-jurisdictional investigation into a unit of one of the world’s largest banks.